Monday, June 4, 2012

Oooooieeeee Mooooody!

If I thought I was moody before, today was a whole 'nother level of moody.  I was so very grumpy today, I thought that I needed to leave work and go home. My poor students...I know they were thinking, "what's up with Mrs. Hilbert?!" I'm a stern but fun teacher but today, it was a lot of stern and not a whole lot of fun. My emotions were truly on a roller coaster and I wanted to get off.  In addition to this, I was late with most of my medications today so that was getting on my nerves as well. We were scheduled to have a staff meeting at work and I was so glad when they announced that it was being postponed because when I tell you that I needed to get out of there, that's exactly what I mean.  Here's some anecdotal notes that I was able to keep, despite my mood:


  1. POOP - I only had 3 bowel movements today...3! I felt the urge to go at work a few times but my mood was so crazy that I didn't even want to encounter people on the way to the bathroom, as I wasn't sure what my facial expression or conversation would have been like. (That's such a shame, I know)
  2. MEDS - Thankfully I managed to take all of my meds but I was late on every single one.
  3. MOOD - You already know that it was horrible. It was so bad that I called my husband from work just to vent and he gave me some good advice - he told me that when I feel my mood changing, to take a step back, take a deep breath, and regroup (I have such a good man and I love him ;-)  While speaking with him, I started taking some deep breaths and began to feel a release. Don't get me wrong, I was praying throughout the day but my mood overshadowed my prayers (so sad I know). My afternoon class experienced an almost normal Mrs. Hilbert so there was progress (thank God).
  4. I was able to fit into one of my old suits today and received a lot of compliments...I definitely looked good but sure didn't feel well.
When I got home, my husband suggested that I lie down - being the school teacher that I am, I didn't want to turn in without getting some work done. I couldn't even concentrate on this at first, AND I didn't even want to eat and you know that's not me.  I was texting my God-sister Ayeshia back and forth and she suggested that I put on some soothing Spa sounds and relax. Why didn't I think of that?! That was a perfect idea. So I ran some bath water, lit some candles, played one of my Caribbean Spa CD's, and relaxed...exactly what I needed. I believe one of my biggest problems is that I'm not resting enough so tonight, as soon as I'm done typing, I MUST go to bed.

  • I wanted to share with you some information that a good friend of mine Felicia, shared with me about food co-ops. I had never heard of it until she sent me the link yesterday, but I believe it's a great idea and I'm seriously considering joining one.  The link is http://www.purpledragon.com and click on "About". 
  • I also want all of you to join my friend April Chapman's blog - she is an influential person responsible for me doing the full body herbal detox, and the person that has been educating me step-by-step on dropping "Big Pharma" and realizing a healthy lifestyle through natural means. She has also been diligent in providing information to me about health concerns for my family members and friends. She is a holistic nutritionist by profession and I believe that her blog will be beneficial to all that read it.  Her link is as follows  http://basichealthyliving.blogspot.com/
Well, that's all for now. It is definitely time to turn in, after I drink my activated charcoal of course.  By the way, my husband is doing better today (PRAISE GOD); he's been stretching out his leg BUT not overdoing it.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and encouragement, and I will continue to keep you posted as I Journal Through (the good and the not-so-good parts of) my Healing.

Be blessed.

LOG 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLACES - was in Paterson, NJ, and home
WEATHER - 60 degrees and above; chilly, cloudy and rainy; I was outside just for brief in and out moments
CLOTHING - 3-piece pant suit, socks and boots
FOODS - Apple, pear, unsalted shelled Pistachios, a mix of raw almonds, black raisins, filberts, raw sunflower seeds, unsalted cashews, walnuts, raw pepitas, and Brazil nuts, salad with Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil Vinaigrette, apple, herbal tea, more unsalted shelled Pistachios and mix of above nuts and raisins, salad, and water
HEALTH -  Emotions out of control!


2 comments:

  1. It is so hard for me to see you as a roaring lion...and this too shall pass. And yes, you have a good husband. Dwayne truly loves you...smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Sharon I was a mess! I couldn't stand being like that. I hope those days are behind me. Yes, God truly blessed me with a gem ;-). That's my Boo-Boo and I love him to pieces too.

      Delete