Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The 7th Day and a pretty good one

I've made it successfully through Day 7 and I am glad about it. My mood was much, much, much, much better today, thank God. Here are a few anecdotal notes:

  1. POOP - I only had 2 bowel movements and I'm not sure what's up with that. They are really dwindling down. Maybe this is normal, I don't know.
  2. MEDS - I had an "Ah ha" moment today and decided to use my iPhone reminder function, and scheduled each of my formulas at their set time, until the detox period is over. What a brilliant idea! I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of it sooner.  So all of my pills were taken on time, with the exception of my 5:00pm because I was getting my braids taken out, and decided to wait until that was done; which of course delayed the 7:00pm time as well but this was fine. ALL MEDS HAVE BEEN TAKEN, with the exception of my activated charcoal, which I will be taking shortly.
  3. MOOD - Much better
  4. COMPLIMENTS - I complimented my own self today: I tried on a dress last night that I was going to wear to work today. It fit nicely, but I still had a mini pouch (stomach) which I was ok with. When I woke up this morning and had my two morning poops, VA VA VA VOOOMM! The pouch was gone and I looked incredible!; if I must say so myself.  My husband also stated that he has noticed some positive changes ;-)
I tell you what - I am so looking forward to the next 13 days to be over as I'm ready to eat some fish. I've decided, after April advised me of the difference between a vegan and a vegetarian, that I'm going to be a vegetarian.  I have been craving "flesh" for a few days now but I recognize that during the detox raw is best. But I've already told my husband that on Tuesday, June 19th I'm going to treat myself to some Salmon, or maybe even Tilapia, no, it probably will be Salmon. I need to educate myself on what foods are truly nourishing to my body and stick with those, so that this detox wasn't in vain. I truly want to be a healthier me.  But you can't blame a girl for wanting to change it up a bit.

I've also been changing up some of my raw foods. Today, I just wanted something a little different so instead of using the vinaigrette and salad that I've been eating, I tried a Balsamic Vinaigrette with Baby Spinach and it was deeeeelicious! It's the little things.

Oh well, that's all for now. I need to wash this hair of mine and figure out what I'm going to do to it for work tomorrow. I'm natural (just in case you didn't know) so it's not as simple as putting it in a ponytail or something simple - especially since it's been braided for 2 months now.

Ta ta and have a good evening. I will continue to keep you posted as I Journal Through My Healing.

Be blessed.


LOG 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLACES - was in Paterson, NJ, Kinnelon and home
WEATHER - 60 degrees and above; chilly and partly cloudy and a tad-bit of rain; I was outside just for brief in and out moments
CLOTHING - 3/4 sleeved dress, blazer, stockings, and closed-toe heels
FOODS - Grapes, Cherries, unsalted shelled Pistachios, a mix of raw almonds, black raisins, filberts, raw sunflower seeds, unsalted cashews, walnuts, raw pepitas, and Brazil nuts, salad with Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil Vinaigrette, Baby Spinach salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette, and water
HEALTH -  Emotions much better.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, Tye...you're poop might be less because you might have cleaned out your vessel quite a bit...so the two that you did release are probably from the light foods that you've been eating. Your colon might be as good as clean...smile!

    This detox sounds like something I would like to do but I have to get my mind right and other things in order before doing such...I just need to be in the right mind set. I did do a back to back colon cleanse at the end of April/beginning of May and I felt great...I loved the release...ha! I tell people all the the time...you have to get that stuff out of you...it's toxins that need to be released from your body so when I hear people say they don't go for 2, 3 or even a week, I'm like that's not right. One of my friends said her doctor told her that just might be the way her body is...uh, that doctor would have been replaced the next day because if you know like I know...if put it in your body, something has to come out...if you keep putting in and not releasing, you're stacking up...not good. I can go on and on about that. But you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharon good point about my colon possibly being cleansed. I tried fasting and only taking my capsules and drinking water until 12 and I'm wondering if that's why I didn't have much to poop out. We'll see, and yeah about that doctor, I definitely would have replaced him - being regular is the key.

      I know that while I was waiting for the detox to arrive in the mail, my friend April told me to spend time praying and getting a daily eating plan together, and God has been doing the rest. I believe you can do it - you strengthen your mind daily throughout. I rooting for you...SHARON SHARON SHARON.

      Delete