Friday, June 8, 2012

Halfway Point

Wow! I can't believe that I have made it to, and through the halfway mark. It seems like it's been a lot longer because the results have been so healing; I wonder what the next 10 days will bring?! Here are some quick anecdotal notes:

  • POOP - only once first thing in the morning
  • MEDS - all timely thanks to my reminder function on my iPhone
  • MOOD - pretty good all day (thank you Jesus)
  • COMMENTS - I woke up with cold-like symptoms and not feeling that great and was about to dress like it too. I looked at myself in the mirror and said, "unh unh, you do not have to dress as if you don't feel well, all frumpy. You can still look cute so let's get cute." I continued to have my little pep talk as I prayed and asked God to touch my mind, body and spirit. I instantly begin to feel better and I looked marvelous as well. The cold-like symptoms soon went away and I began to perk up and feel pretty good. When I came home, I was able to relax and then the chest pain continued (it actually has been hurting all day but I concentrated on feeling better so didn't even think about it).
I have begun looking into healthy vegetarian recipes on  http://www.eatingwell.com/, so that in 11 days I can begin cooking some new and improved meals for me and my husband - I told him that he won't even recognize the difference in the food that I'm going to prepare. He swears out that he'll know the difference but we'll see...he'll be eating it all the same LOL.  A lot of the recipes incorporate eggs, cheese, and pasta. Now I know that I will choose to eat fish but I'm not sure about eggs (chicken), cheese (cow) or pasta (I was told that pasta equals paste in the colon). I still have a lot of researching to do so that I'm ensuring a healthy balanced diet that doesn't take me back to the bad habits I've been used to consuming over the last 30 or so years. If anyone knows of any other useful or helpful websites or sources, please don't hesitate to share.

Well, I'm getting ready to finish watching "Just Wright" (I love that movie), drink my activated charcoal (right before bed of course), and go to bed.

I hope that everyone had a blast on this beautiful summer-like day, and I hope that you have an even better one tomorrow.  I must add that in all of this heat, I haven't gotten any rashes. I'm hoping that this will be the first summer in 7 years without them; I did get 2 this past April but that's still not summer ;-).

Be blessed.


LOG 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLACES - was in Paterson, NJ and then home
WEATHER - 80 degrees and above; sunny and warm; I was outside just for brief in and out moments
CLOTHING - jeans, sleeveless buttoned down shirt, peek-a-boo open-toed shoes
FOODS - unsalted shelled Pistachios, Baby Spinach salad with Balsamic Vinaigrettea mix of raw almonds, black raisins, filberts, raw sunflower seeds, unsalted cashews, walnuts, raw pepitas, and Brazil nuts, herbal tea and water.  I was advised to stay away from too much fruit due to the excess yeast.
HEALTH -  Emotions were pretty good throughout the day.

4 comments:

  1. Yes...good for you Tye, no rashes. You are on your way. You are definitely an inspiration. I gladly follow your progress...you are a living testimony...kudos to you and much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I know that God is still developing my testimony but there's sure to be one. Thank you so much for always encouraging me ;-)

      Delete