Sunday, June 3, 2012

My 1st TRUE test of my WILL

Well I thank God for bringing me through Day 5 successfully but I must admit, today was the most difficult yet. But first, let me share with you some anecdotal notes throughout the day.

  1. POOP - I had 4 bowel movements today, and my final poop was almost non-existent (I don't know what that was about).
  2. ACTIVITY - I was in church and was limited with my ability to eat and drink. I was able to take my medication but see next detail.
  3. MEDS - I took my 7am and 10am meds as scheduled, however the afternoon/evening meds were late by about 30 minutes. As I stated in the previous detail I was in church and couldn't just guzzle down water when I got ready. I did sneak to the vestibule to take FORUMULA #3 at around 12:30, and was able to eat some of my nuts at that time as well.
  4. Because I wasn't able to drink water throughout, I felt rather weak throughout the day.
  5. After church I needed to take my husband to the ER as he sprained his knee pretty badly playing basketball yesterday. The doctor believes he may have a torn meniscus or ligament and sent him home with crutches, a leg brace, and pain meds. He has to get an MRI done and follow-up with his orthopedic doc. As a result of us leaving straight from church, this again limited my food intake but I was able to eat some fruit, nuts and drink water.
  6. MOOD - I was in a pretty good mood early on but as the day progressed, I became grumpier and grumpier. 
Ok, now to the test of wills. I have been content with eating fruits, veggies, and nuts for the last 4 days but have noticed the craving to consume a burger, and kept wondering if after the detox veggie burgers would be acceptable. Anyway, when we got home from the hospital, I prepared my husband 3 fried pork chops and some Zatarain's Black Beans and Rice. I looked at the rice and said, "hummm, this has a lot of veggies and rice isn't produced by something with a pulse, so maybe I can look forward to this after detox", which is totally fine thinking. But then I looked at the pork chops - I seasoned them with some Lawry's seasoned salt, Garlic salt, and Lemon Pepper. I floured them up nice and thick and proceeded to place them in the frying pan. As they're frying away, they began to sizzle and pop and brown, and my mouth began to water, and drool and yearn (ok, maybe I exaggerated with the drool) for some meat. I reminded myself that I don't want to eat this because I know what my goal is and that's to give my future the healthy lifestyle that it deserves. So my urge went away and I once again began thinking about the different kinds of foods that I'll be able to eat post-detox. I didn't get the nudge again until it was time for me to wrap up the food and put it in the refrigerator. The pork chops started calling out to me again. I ignored their plea and made my salad for lunch tomorrow, and packaged my fruits, veggies, and nuts. I gently placed the pork chops and rice in the fridge and shut the door.  TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOR VICTORY!

Ohhhhh now that I think about it, I'm wondering if my little unexpected and innocent moment away from detoxing today, had anything to do with my strong craving. What had happened was, today was 1st Sunday and we take communion and along with communion we take a small cracker and grape juice. It dawned on me after I had consumed both that I am detoxing and I'm not sure how this is going to affect me. I know the detox instructions did state the following :"if you fall off your detox regimen by eating something you should not have eaten, don't give up. Get right back on track!". So with that said, I continued on my detoxification merry way. I still wonder if the taste of something besides fruits, vegetables, nuts and water, gave me a stronger desire to eat "other" foods?!

Well, I can say that I have noticed that I am able to fit into some of my old clothing that, just a few weeks ago, were too tight to get into. Overall I still feel internally great...it's that mood of mine that's all over the place. I THANK GOD FOR THIS VICTORY AS WELL.

I'm about to drink my activated charcoal and go to bed. Sheeesh I'm tired and should have been in the bed hours ago.  But I'm gonna stop typing and get to the sleeping part of my day.

Be Blessed.


LOG 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLACES - was in Paterson, NJ, and Wayne
WEATHER - 70 degrees and above; mostly sunny and comfortable for most of the day and cloudy and rainy; I was outside just for brief in and out moments
CLOTHING - blazer, skirt, body shirt, stockings, and closed-toe shoes
FOODS - Apple, pear, unsalted shelled Pistachios, a mix of raw almonds, black raisins, filberts, raw sunflower seeds, unsalted cashews, walnuts, raw pepitas, and Brazil nuts, salad with Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil Vinaigrette, herbal tea, water
HEALTH -  I felt ok then weak and then grumpy

No comments:

Post a Comment