Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 11 - Another Success

Day 11 down and now my official count down will begin...9 days and counting. I had 2 bowel movements today, I took all my meds timely, and my mood was pretty good. I went for a morning walk and it was so invigorating that my body thanked me with energy for most of the morning. I started walking at 7:35am and decided that I would walk until my body told me that it was done, which was at 8:16am.  After my walk, I felt strengthened enough to go to the bank, do some food shopping and some cleaning, and then relaxed. I used to walk at least 30 minutes a day while I was out of work but when I returned to work, I never continued. I know that with detoxing exercise is an important component; as a school teacher I walk around my classroom for most of the day, or in the halls to travel with my students from class to class. While this is a level of exertion, I believe that walking will be great as well.

Today, I ate the most delicious salad that I've ever tasted in my life and guess who made this tasty treat? ME!!! April suggested that I incorporate more greens into my diet, along with red and green peppers, to try and combat some of my problem symptoms. Besides it being to die for, it did help to reverse some of my issues so WHOO HOO and Yayyyy me!


Although my body has greatly benefited already from this process, I am so ready for it to be over so that I can begin my healthy eating with some fish added. I LOVE FISH! I've already been looking into different vegetarian dishes that I can cook. Don't get me wrong, my diet will still consist of a lot of fruits and vegetables, but I will begin cooking the vegetables for a few minutes, and will include some "wild caught" fish. April shared that when she transitioned to eating after her detoxification, she began with vegetable and shrimp stir-fry, which sounds heavenly to me. I've been looking into some recipes for this as well.

I have seriously been learning a lot about different types of foods, what their nutritional value is, how and when to eat them. This detox has also been teaching me some new meal choices which will benefit both me and my husband.  Items that I used to purchase in a bag (like stir-fry) I will now be able to make myself...from scratch; which has never really been in my vocabulary before except for macaroni and cheese, scrambled eggs, or other breakfast food items. I'm truly excited about all that this process has yet to "learn" me.

I am thankful to God for bringing Mrs. Geneva Jones and April Chapman into my life, who both have had a need to do their own personal detoxes, and were able to help me along. Through their helping me, I have been able to help my little cousin as she's been experiencing health problems, and just made the decision to detox as well; she began a 10-day detox on yesterday.  God promises to work ALL THINGS OUT for our good, and I am thankful that He is faithful to what He said He would do. This is definitely helping to bring me to my next level of blessings; not to mention a sure testimony of healing and restoration.

On that wonderful note, I am getting ready to retire my body so that it can restore its energy in preparation for tomorrow. We had such and anointed time in church last week and I can't wait to meet the Lord "in the house" on tomorrow. Satan is mad but my God has made me glad, and my victory is what I'm standing on.

Be blessed.


LOG 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLACES - was in Totowa and home.
WEATHER - 60 degrees and above; partly cloudy and chilly (while I was outside); I was outside for 40 minutes straight while walking, and then for brief in-and-out moments
CLOTHING - sweat pants, short sleeved shirt and sneakers; jeans, short sleeved T-shirt, and sneakers
FOODS - Granny Smith apple, watermelon, Salad with all Organic ingredients (Romaine lettuce, Kale, green and red peppers with Roasted Garlic Italian Vinaigrette), Rocky Mountain Mix with all Raw ingredients (Almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Cashews, Pepitas, Black Raisins), Berry Nutty Mix with all Raw ingredients (Almonds, unsalted Cashews, unsalted peanuts, Cherries, Cranberries, Golden Raisins), herbal tea and water.  I was advised to stay away from too much fruit due to the excess yeast with the exception of fruits that are low in sugar. 
***I just remembered that peanuts are not good for digestion so I will no longer eat those; I also stopped eating the raisins as they were too sugary.
***I also just read the label on the Berry Nutty Mix more carefully and noticed that some of the nuts aren't raw, but have been cooked in certain types of oils. I will not eat these anymore either.
HEALTH -  Emotions were pretty good throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment