Monday, August 13, 2012

What an AMAZING day...here's to 59 more!

Today was the best 1st detox day that a girl could ask for. I'm crediting this to 1) the fact that this is my 2nd time around so I know exactly what to expect and what to do and 2) I incorporated my own smoothies into the mix and let me tell you, they make such a difference. Ok, you know I have to give you some "vitals" first:


  • EXERCISE - I walked 3.605 miles this morning and planned on doing ZUMBA tonight but eh eh, ain't gonna happen.
  • POOPS - I had 2 regular morning poops and on the 3rd and 4th poops, you could tell that the detox had kicked in...what a difference. I'll leave those details to the imagination ;-).
  • STEAM - YES! I steamed for 15 minutes directly following my walk, and I believe that's a good regiment to follow.  I followed the steaming with a Peroxide face pat.
  • MEDS - When I swallowed formula #1, a burning sensation occurred in my chest; so much so that I had to return home in the middle of my walk and drink a whole lot of water, but I was good after that.
  • FOOD - I ate exactly what I told you I was going to eat yesterday but I've included some pics for your viewing pleasure.

After breaking my fast with water, I indulged in this delicious HOMEMADE (from my home) Strawberry and Banana Fruit Smoothie...UMM UMM GOOD!!!


I got the idea to make this BERRY ALMOND salad from Wendy's, but instead of paying $6.49 for a large or $4 and change for a small, I made my own. Scrumptious...if I must say so myself ;-)


Drum roll please .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Allow me to present to you the "not-so-green" GREEN SMOOTHIE. Talk about something tasting good? I was a little alarmed at the fact that the coloring wasn't green but when I name the ingredients, you'll see why...Spinach, Apples, Strawberries, and Blueberries (hence the dark color) April suggested that I try using pineapple, peach and mango or strawberry banana as well - I will probably see the green when I do it this way.

*********************************************************************************
Today was a very good day and I am looking forward to the same success tomorrow.  
This is a step-by-step and day-by-day journey and I'm taking each day as it comes.


Before I go, I'm happy to report that many of you have been looking into April Chapman's website basichealthylivingtoday.com and are taking advantage of her consultation and detoxing services. I am confident that you will experience the same victory and healing that God is allowing me to continue experiencing. 


Stay tuned as I continue to JOURNAL THROUGH HEALING...one day at a time.

Be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like a proud mom. That salad is just beautiful. (Tears.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be as you've taught me well ;-). I've come a lonnnnnnng way since May, thanks to God's wisdom through you and your patience.

      Delete