Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The 10th Day: What A Day...BUT GOD!

Boy oh boy oh boy. I've dealt with mood swings, breakouts, weight loss and more, but none of that compares to the day that I had today. It's like the halfway point wanted to come in with a bang. Where to begin?!

1. I woke up this morning, took capsules, drank my water, had my POOP - great! I went into the kitchen to make my smoothie. This was the beginning of a challenging day. I put my frozen strawberries in the blender - my mom told me that my uncle freezes his strawberries to preserve them, and then blends them while frozen so I decided to try it- I added an apple and 1/2 a mango. So far so good until it wasn't. The blender starting making a horrendous sound. I turned it off, mixed the contents around with a spoon, and turned it on again...BIG MISTAKE. The smoothie starts pouring out of the nozzle, shooting out from the blender, and oozing out from the bottom. What in the world is going on, I thought. I cleaned everything up, tightened the nozzle and tried again...BIGGER MISTAKE...it happened again so I cleaned up again and tried again. Third time's a charm right? WRONG! It happened a third time and by this time I was done. I turned off the blender and tried to salvage whatever smoothie I had by pouring the contents into a container. Here's where it gets really bad. The nozzle decides that it's not going to work (after working when I didn't want it to) so I twisted the glass container in an effort to pour directly from there. SMH (shaking my head) at what happened next. Do you know that ALL OF MY HARD WORK literally was in shambles? I mean, the entire bottom of the blender collapsed and there went my smoothie, oozing all over the counter, into the sink and onto the floor. I couldn't believe it as I stood there, WIDE-EYED, wondering again what in the world was going on. I knew that I wasn't gonna have any homemade smoothies this day so I unplugged the blender, cleaned up what I felt like cleaning up at the moment, and walked away. Here's where the blender lies...if there's no picture here, see number #5 for explanation.


2. I went to Corrado's to purchase a fruit smoothie and a green smoothie, as I was determined to get in my liquid fruits and veggies. I was indecisive at first but settled on a mixed fruit smoothie, which had too many fruits to name, and a green smoothie which I requested kale, mango, strawberry, and an apple (sound familiar?). I declare the lady had to go to the farm and pick the kale but she finally came back and made both smoothies. The fruit smoothie didn't taste too well but I didn't have the time for her to make another; I believe one of the fruits could have been going bad  but I'll never know that for sure. The green smoothie tasted rather good - she juiced the kale first and then poured it into the blender to blend with the fruit. It was nice and green too. Too bad I didn't get to drink too much of it. It was pretty warm outside today and it took me awhile to finish my fruit smoothie. We had to drive to PA today and I didn't have access to a refrigerator so needless to say, it was undrinkable by the time I got ready to drink it down. SIGH!

3. We are in the process of selling our home in PA due to the doctors telling me back in October, "that commute is going to kill you." So, even though my husband and I loved our home, we loved me more, so we moved into an apartment in NJ and put our house on the market. Hopefully we will be closing within the next 30 days but that's a whole 'nother situation entirely...we had to make a trip down there today. When we get there, we notice that our 3 bicycles that we came to retrieve were missing. I immediately call our realtor and of course she has no idea what has happened to them but assures us that she's going to e-mail all agents, inspectors, appraisers, etc. Then I go to visit one of our neighbors and she tells me that she saw our garage open at one point, and watched people walk through the house. Guess who these people were? THEM! They took it upon themselves to give themselves a personal tour. She's telling me how she loves the home, and how it's a bigger version of their home, I mean, WHO DOES THAT?! But here's the kicker: she proceeds to take me on a tour of their home and we enter a guest bedroom which has absolutely nothing in it but a lamp...I surprisingly say, "(inhale) we had that same lamp in my office.". She says nothing, but closes the door. My mind begins to think, "this couldn't be my lamp, could it? They wouldn't do that, would they?" I mean, they did admit to going into our home but would they admit to taking anything? After these thoughts run through my mind, I ask her, "by any chance did you see anyone take bikes out of our garage." She says, "someone took bikes out of your garage?" I said, "yes, 3 of them." She says, "3 of them?" Look! I don't have proof of anything and am not going to accuse anyone of anything - innocent until proven guilty, right? The bottom line is that our home should have been secured at all times so no one would have access unless our realtor gave them access; obviously, this wasn't done, and our bikes are gone.

4. I come home after not having any veggies all day and decide that I don't even want any. When I feel like not doing the right thing, I make sure to do it. So I fix me a healthy plate of romaine lettuce and kale and decide, "hmmm, I'm going to try a new dressing." My husband absolutely loves Caesar dressing and I've never had it, so I decide to try it. I put a generous amount on my salad and "sat" down to enjoy some. Umm, umm, good! It was dee-licious! Which made me get to thinking, "let's see what ingredients are in Caesar dressing." Why didn't I check before? I send a text to April and ask her if it's made with cheese because this dressing was just tasting too good. Of course it is - parmesan cheese to be exact. I sighed, shook my head at myself, and determined that my first time eating Caesar dressing would be my last. REALLY TYE??????

5. Oh yeah, there's more but thankfully this is the last one. I was soooooo very tired and didn't feel like going to the computer so decided to start my blog from my phone. Then I decided that I wanted to add a pic so went to the computer. I was able to log onto my blog without any problemos, and was even able to retrieve the draft that I had started typing. Now it's time to add a picture. I go to Google, click on Gmail, and what...what's that? My browser doesn't support Google? Want me to download Google Chrome (which I already have), or update Internet Explorer (which it wouldn't let me do). WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON?! So, I proceed to continue typing my blog anyhow so if there's no picture of my blender, now you know why - I couldn't upload it due to computer shenanigans AFTER I JUST PAYED $73.81 TO DOWNLOAD NORTON SECURITY AGAIN BECAUSE I'VE BEEN EXPERIENCING SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH MY COMPUTER...but I digress.

What a day, what a day, what a day. BUT from the very beginning, God gave me a sense of peace to where I didn't complain, I didn't go off, I didn't say a word...I just went from one situation to the other (it may not seem this way via this blog post but trust me when I tell you that my talking about it here was the worst of it).  Why you may ask? I read Joyce Meyer devotionals daily - Promises for Your Everyday Life - a daily devotional, and Friday's post was about having "joy in the midst of our ordinary, everyday life, even on the worst days of our life" - this day of course could have been much worse but I was determined to give God glory despite the obstacles. Each day that God allows us to see is a gift and we need to learn how to honor God each day, despite the difficulties.

April reminded me to give God thanks in all things, when I was freaking out about the parasites, and the Bible tells us, "this is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 (New Living Translation).  The WORD doesn't ask us to rejoice, it doesn't state to rejoice when our day is going well, it says we will rejoice just because God allowed us to see another day. So I choose to rejoice.

Thanks for reading.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment