Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"A Salad a Day Keeps the Sleepies Away"

Today marks my 24th day post-detox and I have to tell you, I am so looking forward to detoxing again and have even upped my start date.  Detoxing has great benefits:

  • Losing Weight.............CHECK
  • Having More Energy...CHECK
  • Looking Great.............CHECK
  • Feeling Great...............CHECK
All of the above are MORE THAN REASON ENOUGH for anyone to want to detox. But what happens after you're finished detoxing?! If you don't commit to a complete diet/lifestyle change; eating fruits, vegetables, not eating dairy or pasta, then the benefits that you enjoyed during detoxing will be for nothing. 

We have to go back to the philosophy that "we're eating to live not living to eat."  

During detoxing and immediately after, I had so much energy, my skin was flawless, I looked and felt radiant and now, since I've reintroduced foods into my diet that aren't so good, my skin has pimples and blemishes, I have mucus buildup, I am tired all of the time, and just feel sluggish.  I have been speaking to April about my tiredness and she asked if I've been eating green leafy vegetables and my answer was no. After eating salad and raw fruits and veggies for 40 days straight, I couldn't wait to incorporate more cooked foods into my diet, and this was the beginning of my downfall. That's not to say that you can't eat cooked foods, but as she put it, "a salad a day keeps the sleepies away."  She stated that "greens are extremely energizing" and eating and drinking them (smoothie, juices) "will provide the body energy as opposed to using energy." This makes so much sense and I am definitely a witness as to what a big salad can do.  Here are some other things to keep in mind if we want to maximize our body's potential:
  • DRINK PLENTY OF WATER DAILY
  • EAT AT LEAST ONE LARGE SALAD A DAY
  • DRINK A GREEN SMOOTHIE - 
    • Take 2-3 of your favorite fruits and blend on high
    • Take a handful of kale, spinach OR collards (never mix your greens, choose 1 type per smoothie)
    • Add ice
    • Drink up
  • LIMIT YOUR BREAD INTAKE...BREAD=SUGAR which zaps your energy and makes you sleepy (I'm a witness)
  • CHEESE IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU - it causes MUCUS which causes INFLAMMATION (I'm a witness)
  • LIMIT YOUR PASTA INTAKE...PASTA=PASTE in the colon and who wants to have a pasty colon?!
  • USE ACTIVATED CHARCOAL AT NIGHT - this is the 7th formula of the Full Body Detox and can be used whether detoxing or not; it can also be ordered separately from the detox.
These are just a few tips to ensure that you are energized, look and continue to feel great. With that being said, instead of detoxing in October, I will be detoxing again on August 30th; just in time for school.  Once I remembered that Labor Day was just around the corner, I seriously considered starting after then but the way my body feels, it's more important that I get myself together than worry about eating at a cookout. The only reason why I'm waiting until the end of this month, is because it will mark exactly 3 months from my original start date of the full body detox which was May 30th.  When I'm done, I will do the Supreme Blood Cleanse again (unless April instructs otherwise). Guess what else?! I WILL NOT...I repeat, I WILL NOT eat cheese, even though I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cheese.  It's so not good for me AND I will eat or drink a salad daily.

So for those of you that are still considering detoxing or are currently detoxing, please, please, please plan out your meals now for when you're done. Trust me, you don't want to end up reversing all of the great benefits that you've experienced while detoxing. 

If you're unsure as to what your detox course should be or just want to inquire about it, please visit April Chapman's website at www.basichealthylivingtoday.com.  She is very knowledgeable and you can take advantage of a 20 minute initial consultation with her for FREE. She is SAVED, and CARES about your total well-being and will be completely honest with you about what will be the greatest benefit to meet your needs.

Be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment