Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Day 1 -Trial to Triumph

So, of course you know that today was the 1st day of the 10-day Green Smoothie cleanse yayyyyyy!!

When you are on the horizon of something great, trials must come your way.

My trial began when I woke up cheery eyed to begin making OUR smoothies (my husband has joined me on this 10-day journey :-)))))))))))))) and I discovered that my Smoothie maker was broken :-(  Not only was it broken, but all of the contents of my smoothie ended up in the kitchen sink.  I immediately went into panic mode because I knew that my NutriBullet had already conked out on me.  What was I going to do?  It was 7:30 AM, the time that my husband was supposed to leave for work, and here I was still standing in the middle of the kitchen not even ready for work myself (I have to be at work at 8:00 AM) and I had no smoothies.  My panic turned into prayer and I asked God to make a way...and He did.  I ran to the closet and took out the NutriBullet, praying the entire time that it would work for me... it did! There is power in prayer!

So, I began emptying the ingredients into the NutriBullet, which now needed to be divided up as my NutriBullet is not as big as the Smoothie maker, but it began to work.  My husband began walking down the stairs noticing that I still did not have a stitch of work clothes on, and he was ready to walk out of the door.  Panic turned into prayer which turned into praise as I was able to present him with his very first smoothie.  AND he liked it! You do not understand the magnitude of this.  I have invited my husband to join me in detox after detox and cleanse after cleanse and his response was always the same, "NO, I'm not doing that!"  So imagine my surprise when not only did he agree, but he enjoyed.

So, he walked out of the door with his smoothie, water and snacks (raw nuts) and I just spoke to him and he admitted that he finished half of his smoothie this morning, and ate most of his nuts.  Now he is ready to finish consuming his smoothie for dinner.  God be praised!

Now that I have a working process, I will prepare myself for the morning by taking JJ Smith's suggestion and place all of our ingredients in a storage bag so I can just dump and blend in the morning.  I will also pre-pack our snacks so that the preparation is shortened.

Because of the way my morning went, I was not able to capture the pictures that I would have liked to but here's what I got...


No comments:

Post a Comment