Thursday, December 10, 2015

What A Day!

What a day, what a day, what a day!

It is hard to believe that today is the beginning of the end of the cleanse.

Out of all of the days, today was the most off for me.

I woke up this morning feeling so horrible that I contemplated, and even informed my boss and secretaries that I was taking a sick day.  After changing my mind and deciding to go in, I realized that I did not have enough time to make my smoothies...NOTHING has gotten in the way of me making the smoothies this entire time.

Nevertheless, I went to work WITHOUT my smoothies and figured that I could go home during lunch, make and drink them...NEGATIVE.  It was just that kind of day.

So I drank water, green tea, and ate apples.  I did not even drink my detox tea, which I have done every morning since the first day.

BUT I am determined to finish just as strong as when I began so, I just made my Pineapple Kale smoothie which consists of the following:

  • 2 handfuls kale
  • 1 handful spring mix greens
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen peaches
  • 2 handfuls pineapple chunks
  • 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
This smoothie is the greenest one to date.


Oh and I just drank my detox tea.  I am getting back on track already ;-)

I have to tell you - with me not drinking my smoothies today I felt out of sorts.  Like, I could not figure out if I was coming or going at times.  For example, when I arrived home from work a few minutes ago, I was looking all over the place for my coat so that I could hang it up...little did I remember that I had already hung it up.  Instead of remembering this, I asked myself, "Hey, who hung my coat up?!"  Mind you I am the only one in the house at the moment 0-0 (wide eyes).

I KNOW I will need to drink at least one green smoothie each day going forward; there are no negatives, only benefits.

SOME RESULTS
OK, my plan was to report all of my results today but being that I really did not begin drinking my smoothies until a moment ago, I will measure and take pictures first thing in the morning before I go IN!

  1. One thing that I can report is that my belly is the flattest that it has been in many years - and that is WITHOUT my sucking it in :-))))))))))))))))))  
    • This could be partly due to the 24-day AB Challenge that I was participating in, which I took another couple of days off from.  But I know that this cleanse has definitely helped.
  2. My mom commented that my face looked brighter.  I joked that this could be because I had on foundation but she usually sees me with foundation and still saw a difference.
  3. If you have read my blog in the past, you know that as a result of the auto-immune disease, much of my memory was null and void.  But I have to comment, at least for the last 10 days, I have been able to remember a lot.  
  4. I have been able to fit into clothing that I have not been able to wear in years.  Unfortunately my scale shattered so I did not weigh myself before and will not be able to weigh myself afterwards.
  5. My wedding ring is sliding off of my finger, which is a sure sign of weight loss.
  6. Although my husband does not see any change, I can definitely tell that he has lost weight, and I noticed that his face looks brighter as well.
I am looking forward to sharing more results with you tomorrow.

Be blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment