Friday, December 4, 2015

Hunger Got the Best But Day 4 Was a Success

My poor hubby has definitely been a trooper throughout this entire detox situation.  He really has not enjoyed the smoothies that much but he is yet holding on.

I shared with you that hunger got the best of me last night as I was craving fried chicken, but thank God I did not give in... I cannot say the same for my hubby LOL.

I just so happened to come out of the bathroom last night to find him standing in front of the refrigerator, door wide open, with his pointer finger lightly caressing our leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, and having just a slight taste.  Poor thing!  I had to laugh but I also had to ask what he was doing.  Just like a 3-year old he said, "I'm hungry! I've been hungry for days!"  I felt so bad.  So he grudgingly closed the door and came back upstairs. I offered him some carrots and nuts but he opted not to eat anything.  SMH poor thing!

Although he did not really like the Berry Peachy smoothie today, he drank most of it.  He really did not eat too many of the nuts either.  I have a feeling that he is just about done with this process but hopefully he will hang in there a bit longer...6 more days to go.  Hey, he originally thought that it was for 15 days so 10 should be nothing right?  I have to remember that he has NEVER detoxed before so this is all new to him, and I am glad that he agreed in the first place.

I even offered for him to do the modified version which asks you to commit to 2 smoothies a day (which he has been doing), and then have a sensible meal like turkey, chicken breast; nothing fried, no beef, nothing too heavy.  So actually if he truly gave in and ate that turkey last night, it would not have been all bad.

We shall see what tonight and the weekend will bring.

I am getting ready to eat my share of hard-boiled eggs :-)))))))))))))  Maybe only 4 as opposed to 6. ;-)



Toodles


No comments:

Post a Comment