Monday, December 14, 2015

One Milestone Accomplished - a Master's Degree with Concordia University-Portland

One milestone that I was unable to accomplish while I was sick was to complete my Master's degree in Educational Leadership.

After three failed attempts, I eventually gave up...until now.

I first began experiencing symptoms in 2004 and they were subtle at first: it started out with a rash on my leg, similar to that of a bug bite.  Over the years, it morphed into multiple rashes, accompanied by joint pain, and eventually led to my being out of work for 3 months because I could barely walk.  Of course this progression spanned 7 years.

In the summer of 2008, I made my first attempt at starting a master's program with William Paterson University.  Unfortunately, the disease was known to flare up in the summertime, and I was forced to withdraw.

I made another attempt during 2009 and again in 2010 to no avail.  I decided to call it quits. I had very understanding professors, and the Department was behind me 100% but that just was not my season.

Well, then I was introduced to Concordia University Portland.  Although I was no longer suffering from the disease, I decided to pursue an online degree, and it was one of the best educational decisions that I could have made.  Why was Concordia the best fit for me? Easy...

  • It was a Christian University founded on Christian principles
  • It was an online program
  • It was only 1-year long
  • I was able to acquire many scholarships
  • I was able to complete the entire program with a Study Buddy - Erica Dawson

If I told you that it was easy, breezy, I would be lying.  But the fact that I had professors that prayed for me, a Study Buddy that would not allow me to quit (and I would not allow her to quit either), and a truly, supportive husband (save the best for last), it made that year seem like a breeze.

I went from several failed attempts from 2008 to 2010, to finally graduating with my Master's degree in 2015 AND won a free trip to the graduation in Portland, Oregon.  To God be the glory!

Not only that, but I was selected to share my experience with the world.  See here...

https://youtu.be/bOAQZ_U2nEc - my solo testimony about why Concordia is "one of a kind".

I also got to chronicle my experience with my Study Buddy :-))))))))))

https://youtu.be/ITy7xWcKqlY - Why we decided to choose Concordia? Why having a Study Buddy was a unique help.

https://youtu.be/MGKHfXhggrs - What advice would we give? What are our professional goals?

What an amazingly, awesome experience!

On top of all of this, I am a Concordia University Ambassador and can offer huge savings to anyone interested in pursuing their master's and/or doctorate degree.

If you or someone you know is interested in pursuing their degree online, please leave a comment on my page, or feel free to e-mail me directly at mrsthilbert@gmail.com for more information.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment