Monday, July 16, 2012

Hard Head = Soft Behind

Today is my first official day after the detox and I have made some mistakes that I won't repeat, and I hope that you won't make. But let me go over some anecdotal notes first:

  • POOP - I had 2 poops today (yayyyyyy).
  • WALK - I walked a total of 3.3 miles today.
  • STEAM - I actually had a desire to steam after my walk so I did for 15 minutes and followed it by my Peroxide pat.
Now for my hard-headed news. Growing up, I've always had to learn lessons the hard way and you would think that in my adult years, I would choose to do right first but nope, I'm still choosing to learn lessons the hard way. So let me tell you all about it.  Most of y'all remember me talking about the delicious food that I couldn't wait to eat when the detox was over, well, today I ate it...BIG, BIG, BIG MISTAKE and here's why:
  1. My husband and I went to Ruby Tuesday's and I ordered a Tropical fruit punch, followed by a salad with nuts, green peppers, tomatoes, and (here it comes) SHREDDED CHEESE...a BIG NO-NO. Why? Because as April has been getting me to realize, dairy = mucus and mucus = inflammation. You would think that having this knowledge would be enough but nope, it wasn't. So next I ordered buffalo shrimp - my husband said, "Tye, I don't understand. You've been detoxing all this time, trying to release toxins out of your body so why would you eat fried buffalo shrimp when you know it's not good for you?!". My response was, "look, I don't care what you say, I'm eating my buffalo shrimp." BIG MISTAKE - why you ask? Because fried isn't good for you and I can only imagine the sodium and other non-nutritious stuff that was in the buffalo sauce. But then I ordered (yeah, I overdid it BIG TIME) the Salmon Florentine (Salmon with Asparagus and Parmesan cheese) and a baked potato with butter, sour cream, and...yup, more shredded cheese. When I read back over this list, I am shaking my head at myself. This is like self-sabotage ;-(.  Within 5-10 minutes of me eating all of this cheese, I kid you not, I started to snort - which is a sound that comes from my throat and nose where I suck up all of the mucus and then swallow it...nasty right? I have not done this since before I started the detox and prior to the detox, I had done it for years whenever I have eaten tomato or dairy based products. MY KNEE ALSO BEGAN TO HURT PRETTY BADLY...inflammation. That was enough of a wake-up call for me to know that I cannot eat cheese anymore, and also can't eat fried, or spicy foods.
  2. Later this evening I had dinner with my God-sister, God-father, and God-mother and ate Brussel sprouts for the first time, brown rice, and vegan ham. I'm like, yes, this is a healthy meal that will erase what I ate earlier...BIG MISTAKE AGAIN. While the food was delicious (my God-sis did her thing), I believe the salt in the vegan ham added with the salt from my hearty meal earlier in the day, was too much and guess what happened next?????? MY FEET BEGAN TO SWELL. I have not had swollen feet since being sick and I certainly don't intend to start now. So what did I do to combat this? WATER, WATER, AND MORE WATER. I am still drinking water as I type. I need to flush out everything that was disagreeable to my balanced body. I am also going to drink my activated charcoal tonight so hopefully a lot of toxins will be released in the morning.
Why oh why oh why would I choose to ingest the foods that I did today? Because I wanted what I wanted and am hard headed. Don't worry, I've learned my lesson and it WON'T happen again. I'm glad that I have made the decision to detox every season but I don't want to reverse everything that I've done over the last 40 days, all because I want to enjoy a dish or two.

Don't get me wrong, I began my day with healthy eating...liquid water, followed by "all natural" orange juice, followed by Naked's Red Machine smoothie (which I learned today really isn't that good for you but it's better than some drinks), herbal tea and pistachios. I now need to continue my good habits and nix the old, unhealthy ones.

My rash hasn't gone anywhere yet, in fact, I took an updated pic. I still feel great, with the exception of swollen feet, knee pain, and snorting due to my own hard-headedness.  The swelling in my feet has actually gone down considerably with all of this water that I'm drinking so I thank God for that.


All of those that are detoxing are experiencing results and are glad that they have jumped on board. A lot of others are still inquiring and I hope that they make the decision to detox as well.

Despite my bad choices today, I thank God for how great I still feel and look, and will make sure that I do everything in my power to continue on this balanced and healthy course.

I will continue to keep you posted as I JOURNAL THROUGH HEALING.

Be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Your transparency will help others. I have the same hard headed story. That cheese will do you in. Ask me how I know.

    ReplyDelete