Monday, July 9, 2012

6 more days and counting

Well I'm blogging early tonight as I want to begin going to bed a little earlier. Here are some anecdotal notes, and I'm proud to say that I accomplished all that I wanted to on today, despite a slight, incy wincy teeny weeny slip up...well almost, but we'll get to that later:

  • FORMULAS - I took all of my formulas timely
  • POOP - Only one poop today
  • WALK - I walked for 1 hour and 4 minutes, and 3.89 miles WHOO HOO. I was informed that I ran more than a 5K today (thanks Sharon for the insight ;-)
  • STEAM - Yup, for 15 minutes

Please remind me that when I'm detoxing NEVER, EVER, EVER to go to a restaurant...I almost slipped up y'all (well not really). My husband and I had a gift card to Applebee's so we decided to use it today (I figured my husband isn't detoxing so he shouldn't suffer just because I am..BIG mistake).  So we sit down and I look at the menu. OMG all of the delicious looking food that sprang before me. I ask for an herbal tea, and of course they didn't have any (or so the guy said but it turned out that they did so I ordered one a little later). So I order an apple juice. Making a very long story short, I decided to order a house salad, as there wasn't much that I could order during the detox. Of course my husband orders a Sirloin steak, smothered in onions, with mashed potatoes AND a mouth-watering slice of apple pie covered in vanilla ice cream. Hungry yet? This wasn't my dilemma. My dilemma was from the salad that I ordered. Now, the waiter asked if I wanted bacon on it and I answered no, but he failed to mention all of the other stuff that comes along with it (I guess that's my bad for not asking what comes on their house salad). Anyway, my salad arrives and is covered with shredded cheese (which I love, love, love), croutons (another one of my favorites), and more cheese and more croutons. God has allowed me to be disciplined throughout this process and I wasn't about to mess up now. But here was my dilemma; instead of asking for another salad without all of my favorites (which is what I should have done), I tried to eat around all of that yummy stuff. You should have seen me scraping off the cheese, and placing the croutons around my plate. I said to my husband, "I'm glad I'm disciplined because this entire salad would be gone." He just looked at me and laughed as he devoured his meal with a smile...a bright Kool-Aid smile at that.  Oh well, I thank God for victory and next Monday, I have already scheduled lunch with my Boo-Boo at Ruby Tuesday where we can both be all smiles. Don't worry, I will still be eating my share of fruits and veggies but will incorporate a wild-caught fish. 


FELLOW DETOXER REPORTS

  • I'm happy to report that my mom is seeing results with the liquid detox. She has begun adding actual salad to her diet along with juicing and is pooping more, instead of just urinating. AND her neighbor commented on the fact that she's lost some weight. AND my mom was able to fit into some shorts that have been tucked away in a drawer for 2 years AND had some room. Today marks her 5th day.
  • My principal has also begun to see some results with the liquid detox - she also has shed a few pounds. She also has been urinating a lot and not defecating as much. I told her that maybe it wouldn't hurt to call dhealthstore just to inquire on whether urinating as opposed to defecating is the norm on the liquid detox. Today marks her 8th day.
  • My cousin has completed a full body cleanse (not from dhealhstore), and is currently on a liver cleanse (also not from dhealthstore). She began the detox in the hopes that her environmental allergies would improve and although they have not, she has stated that her overall body feels better.
  • There are many others that have ordered the detox and are either awaiting its arrival, or awaiting to begin. I will keep you updated on their progress when I find out.
  • There are also many that have inquired about the dhealthstore brand of detox so I'll keep you posted on their status as well.
Well, that's all for tonight. I can not tell you how excited I am to be this close to the end, and I thank God for how great I continue to feel and look.  

I'll continue to keep you posted as continue to JOURNAL THROUGH MY HEALING.

Be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing. I don't know if I would have been that disciplined this early on. God is good. Tell your mom that she should be pooping more, but the liquid version isn't as potent as the pills. Also not eating a lot of leafy greens could also hold things up. It really depends on what's she's eating, or not for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you read this post as I was hoping you would enlighten us about the liquid form. I will definitely let her and my principal know. Thanks again ;-)

      Delete