Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another successful DETOX day

Well it's another successful day in DETOXville and I'm so glad about it. I actually felt amazingly great today. I cut out the McDonald's Wild Berry smoothie (thanks to April Chapman) and ate pure fruit instead and boy oh boy...let me tell you. I believe if I was able to do everything from the toilet today, my body would have thanked me. I kept getting the urge to go and, well, I'm a teacher and I can't say to my students, "I'll be right back, be good", so what did I do? I prayed and squeezed my "cheeks" together, hoping that I could make it until I got home. Now that I'm home, I don't have to go. I hope I didn't stop the detoxing process for today because I work daily so I'm gonna have to try and "go" around it...if you know what I mean.

I had an appointment today in which I was able to weigh myself and I'm happy to report that I weigh 160 pounds; which is a great improvement from the 195 pounds that I weighed just 3 months ago.  The next time I weigh myself will be on the 20th day of my detox, so that I can compare my weight loss from now to then.

I took some more anecdotal notes based on the detoxification process:

  1. FORMULA #2 was still hard going down and I had to drink 2 bottles of water to make it happen. 
  2. I didn't experience the burning sensation in my bowels this time, but I'm not sure if that's good or not. 
  3. As I said earlier, I had to use the bathroom SOOOO MUCH, which felt awesommmmme but not when you can't release, know what I mean?
By the way, I received some gifts on yesterday and today: 
  • One of my sister's in Christ Janaan Robinson, mailed me the book "I Stand Amazed...How Chiropractic SAVED MY LIFE" by Geri L. Carlson.
  • Mrs. Geneva Jones (whose testimony I shared with you some posts back) bought me 2 books, the first is "the Juiceman's POWER of juicing" by Jay Kordich, and the second is "Juicing for Life" by Cherie Calbom and Maureen Keane.
I can't wait to read ALL of them, and I am so appreciative to both of these ladies for thinking about me. God continues to make this process easy, accessible, and did I say easy?

I'm getting ready to take my activated charcoal and head for the sheets. Even though I felt incredible earlier today, now, not so much. I'm still not sure if this is a result of my athletic ways at field day, or if this is the norm. Oh well, we'll see what happens on Day 3.  Until then...

Be blessed.


LOG 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLACES - was in Paterson, NJ, Riverdale, and then home
WEATHER - 80 degrees and above; mostly sunny and warm; I was outside just to get in and out of the car
CLOTHING - short sleeved shirt, pants, stockings, closed-toe shoes
FOODS - Pear, apple, grapes, salad (baby Kale, Spinach, and Chard), Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil Vinaigrette, another pear, more grapes, some strawberries, carrots, some more salad, herbal tea, and water
HEALTH -  energetic and feeling great for most of the day; then fatigued and once again achy - but the aches are in my legs, which I believe is due to my being a track star on yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment