Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I can't be LUKEWARM anymore...

We were just talking in church on Sunday about being either HOT or COLD, but that if we're LUKEWARM, God will "spew" us out of His mouth. Well, I think it's time for me to take this advice with my decision to detox. This eating fruits and vegetables for most of the day (HOT), and eating a mixture of food in the evening (LUKEWARM) isn't working. Case in point? One of our teachers was given a surprise party by her students and they brought me down a cupcake to celebrate. Now, some of my students gave me 2 cupcakes earlier this week for another student's birthday and I purposely didn't eat them because, well, I'm on the verge of detoxing. Those cupcakes sat on my table until my two little sisters came and ate them yesterday. So why didn't I take that same stance today. So, because the cupcake was in celebration of one of my teacher-friends, I said, "I'm gonna tear this bad boy up" and so I did...but it tore me up. Immediately after taking two bites, my body was yelling at me to stop but I figured, I had already eaten this much so I may as well finish it off. BIG MISTAKE!! I got an instant headache and my insides felt like they were cussing me out, and I knew that I could no longer eat anything else like that. Then it dawned on me that all of this half stepping isn't going to work. I've stopped all of my medication, and am going to the doctor's conference tomorrow so there's really nothing standing in my way except my own fear. Fear of what? God hasn't given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. Well, truth be told, I believe I'm fearful of all of that good eating that I think I'll be giving up. But I need to remember the words in one of my previous posts, "I'm not living to eat, I'm eating to live" (thanks Mrs. Jones). So with this new revelation of an old fact, I'm going to completely begin my detox next week.  I'm going to order the full body herbal detox on Friday (pay-day), wait for it to arrive in the mail, and then begin. In the meantime, I will continue to eat fruits and vegetables for the majority of the day, and fruits and vegetables for dinner as well...I may include a baked meat but DEFINITELY NO SWEETS OR OTHER THINGS that I know my body will "spew" out.

Tomorrow I attend the conference and I'm kind of anxious to see how it's going to be; to watch the doctors' reactions to my pics, test results, and history. I don't believe I'll receive a verdict tomorrow but I can't wait for whatever the diagnosis is or isn't to be CRUSHED by the HEALING POWER OF THE LORD.

I will fill you in tomorrow.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment