Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Going Coo-Coo for Fruit

Ok, so today I went to Corrado's after work and stocked up on fruit, fruit, and more fruit. When I walked into the store, the bananas were staring me in the face and I started to pick up a bunch, but then I was reminded of the bunch that's still sitting on top of my refrigerator rotting (speaking of which, let's throw them away shall we?). Wait a minute...before I even walked into the store, watermelons were awaiting me; pink, sweet, and ready to eat. So I bought a quarter sized one and a half of one, remembering that my husband consumed the other half that I bought just a few days earlier. So in my basket currently I have watermelon and...well...that's it. Gotta get more fruit. So I continue pushing the cart and a host of springy fruit pop into view. So I begin plucking out pears, grapes, peaches, mangoes...no, let's put the mangoes back (I'm not quite sure how to pick these), apples, strawberries, more pears, and last but sweetly not least, cherries. So I'm ready to make fruit and veggies a major part of my daily food consumption. Oh yeah, I also picked up some celery. So as I was saying, I'm ready to make fruit and veggies a major part of my daily consumption. Even though I'm not at the point of totally detoxing yet, I want to gradually get used to the idea of eating only fruits and vegetables.

I am still currently on one of my twelve medications Plaquenil, which I am taking myself off of shortly and surely (no, not slowly but surely). Why keep taking a drug that supposedly takes 2 months to begin working, and though it's been in my system since October, I am still experiencing the SAME SYMPTOMS that I was prior,  which is what caused the doctor to prescribe it in the first place. I called my pharmacy to ask how to wean off of this med and her first question to me was, "uhh, does your doctor know that you plan on stopping it?" I politely answered her, "hmph, I've been on this medication since October and am experiencing the same symptoms as I was when I began taking it, therefore, I am taking control of my own health." I felt pretty good about saying that. So she looked in the computer to see what the proper way is for weaning off of this medication and then she placed me on hold. Of course I thought she was speaking with a senior pharmacist that would later come on the phone and advise me not to stop the meds without first having it authorized by my physician but to my surprise, that's not what happened at all.  She came back on the phone and said that she didn't see any research showing that I needed to wean off. Of course my next question was, "you mean I can just stop taking it cold turkey?" She hesitated a little and then recommended that I start taking 1 pill as opposed to the 2 that I'm prescribed to take, and then in a few days, to start skipping a day and then finally stop. As she's talking, my mind drifts off as I'm puzzled as to how I can just stop taking a drug that supposedly took 2 months to kick in, and I can just stop taking it like that? Amazing! So I thanked her for her service and hung up...I'm not taking that pill anymore starting NOW! There...I've said it. 

I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to take the slow road and just begin incorporating more and more fruit and vegetables into my diet until that's all I eat, or do the full body herbal detox product that I talked about in my previous post. I am asking God to direct me in this decision but I know that DETOXING IS THE WAY TO GO. Why keep wasting money on prescriptions to treat an unknown illness, and not see any results?! I've always tried it the doctors' way and now I'm going to do it the natural way. What do I have to lose?! Nothing that I can think of except numerous doctors' visits, hundreds of miles in gas, thousands of dollars in prescriptions, and pain, worry, fatigue and frustration.  I believe that I have everything to gain and I plan on doing just that, in Jesus' name.

I will continue to keep you posted as I journal through my healing.  For the first official time, I believe I'm journaling THROUGH my healing and not just about it.  I know that victory awaits me on the other side. I made a promise that I would do something significant once I am totally and completely healed with no sign of an auto-immune disease and when I get to that place, I'm going to follow through with what I said.

Be blessed...by the way, I already packed some cherries, strawberries, celery and grapes to take with me to work tomorrow, and will eat a pear on the way to work.

Thank you for your continued prayers, encouragement, and support as I continue to Journal THROUGH my Healing.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!! Your healing is nigh, love. Be blessed and stay encouraged!!!

    Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in HEALTH, even as thy soul prospereth (3 John 1:2)

    ReplyDelete