Sunday, May 13, 2012

DETERMINED TO DO IT BETTER

First and foremost, Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers; I hope that you all had a wonderful day. I was able to spend some quality time with my mom, dad, niece, grandma, and other family members today, and we truly had a blessed time...it's nothing like being with family.

I also had the chance to have an intense talk with a close friend of the family, who's like an aunt to me, Mrs. Geneva Jones, and she was enlightening me about her journey of healing. She had a huge Polyp on her colon which needed to be removed, otherwise she may not be here to tell her story. She gave so many more details that really had an impact on me but my memory is horrible, so I am highlighting the parts that I remember, and I've asked her to comment on anything I've missed, make any corrections, or feel free to add as she sees fit.

She had to have an intense surgery to cut open her colon, and remove the Polyp.  Once this Polyp was removed (which wasn't cancerous praise God), she tried to return to her regular diet of meat, potatoes, veggies, salad, and all of that good stuff. Well, needless to say when she tried to eat meat or even salad for that matter, it made her soooo sick that her body was writhing with pain, almost as if she had never had the surgery to begin with. Her doctor explained to her that she wouldn't be able to eat as she had previously, as he likened her colon to that of an open wound. When you bruise yourself, as it heals it creates a scar; well as her colon healed, eating "regular" foods was like slicing through the scars, opening up the wound again and again. This was a pivotal point for Mrs. Jones and she sought the advice of a nutritionist, who told her that she needed to detox her body by eating NOTHING BUT FRUITS AND VEGETABLES.  She made the conscious decision to do just that. She said that she asked the doctor to tell her how she would know when her body had reached the point of detox, and he told her that her body would let her know. So, she began her journey of detoxification; eating NOTHING BUT FRUITS AND VEGETABLES, and began to juice these things as well. As her body began to detox, she began to lose a significant amount of weight and reached her lowest weight of 81 pounds, but then something happened...when she reached the 30 day mark, she says that she was awakened in the middle of the night with what felt like a "jump-start"; she compared it to the jump starting of a car, and said that her body went through this same experience as if it was coming alive again, as her cells had become new and her "new" body was ready to take life.  Her journey of detoxification took 3 months but after the toxins were completely out of her body, she began to feel great and continued eating ONLY FRUITS AND VEGETABLES, and has been doing this for the last 5 years...so this means that she has been healed for 5 years now, and she looks great (take it from me), and her words are that she feels great.

I've been hearing this same message about detoxing and I've been looking into the "right" way for me to begin this journey as well. I believe I'll try to do what Mrs. Jones did...it truly worked for her and those of us that know her, knows that she's a living testimony. It may seem hard to give up all of that great food like steak, and burgers, and fish and chicken (yes, even fish and chicken), and eat just fruits and veggies but I am determined to find a way that works.  Let's look at it this way - 1) I have been suffering with an unknown illness since 2006; 2) which takes the form of rashes and joint pain; 3) and has progressively worsened over the past year; 4) I was on a total of 12 medications from June 2011 to January 2012; 5) I was out of work from October 2011 to January 2012, due to the extreme pain, fatigue, and immobility; 6) I weaned down to 9 medications in January 2012; 7) I weaned down to 5 medications as of March 2012; 8) I took myself off of an anti-depressant a couple of weeks ago as I refused to keep taking medications just because; 9) Presently I'm on 1, yes 1 medication that I've been on since October 2011, which was supposed to be the "wonder drug" for auto-immune diseases, and was expected to take care of my joint pain and, oh yeah, my rashes; 10) LO AND BEHOLD two rashes returned in April of this year and what accompanied them? You guessed it...joint pain and swelling...the odds are against me so what do I have to lose?! I've been taking foreign drugs by mouth, intravenously, and topically and to no avail. IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE.

To top things off, I spoke with my cousin today and she has to take blood tests tomorrow to see if she has an auto-immune disease as well. She has been going through her own medical journey through uncharted territory as well and guess what? The doctors have no idea what's going on with her either. She said, "maybe it's what we're eating". So, I told her about the info that I've received from April Chapman and Mrs. Jones, and she asked me to keep her informed and maybe we'll detox together.   Even my mom said that when I begin my journey of detox, SHE'LL DO IT WITH ME. If that's not a support system, I don't know what is.

There's no right or wrong way to do it, but at this point, it seems imperative that I do it. I go to "the conference" on the 24th of this month, where a team of doctors are supposed to evaluate my symptoms, blood work, and biopsy results, and make a collaborative determination of what they believe is going on. Even with their knowledge and medical expertise, I am determined to live and not die so whatever their diagnosis, I know that my healing doesn't lie with man-made medicines, so I'm determined to do things differently and to do things better (which happens to be our theme for our church this year).  I'm going to include my body in this mix and begin an approach on taking care of it better. Once I begin, hopefully my husband will get on board as well as I know we both want to live better, think better, feel better, and just be better...I believe this will be a start in the right direction for both of us.

I'll continue to journal as I go through this healing process because I am determined to be healed, in the name of Jesus. He said I could have it, and I believe He's going to do it, and He didn't give me any particular way of how I was going to get it, but I know it's coming. So with all of that being said...

Be blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Jones did correct me on one word usage; in my post when I said, "She had to have an intense surgery to cut open her colon, and remove the Polyp. Once this Polyp was removed (which wasn't cancerous praise God), she tried to return to her regular diet of meat, potatoes, veggies, salad, and all of that good stuff. Well, needless to say when she tried to eat meat or even salad for that matter, it made her soooo sick that her body was writhing with pain, almost as if she had never had the surgery to begin with. Her doctor explained to her that she wouldn't be able to eat as she had previously, as he likened her colon to that of an open wound. When you bruise yourself, as it heals it creates a scar; well as her colon healed, eating "regular" foods was like slicing through the scars, opening up the wound again and again." Instead of using the word "scar", I should have used the word "scab". As her colon was healing, she says that the "bulkiness of the food was knocking off the scabs" which had to be painful. When we bruise ourselves, as our bruise heals it forms a scab, and this is what happened with her colon as well.

    Thank you Mrs. Jones for the correction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news. Don't give up. You CAN do this. You have much work to do here on this earth and you need a fully functioning body in order to accomplish God's purpose for your life. I am here for you if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for everything April. I wouldn't even be considering these options if it wasn't for you.

    ReplyDelete