Wednesday, May 30, 2012

1st Day of Detox a Success

Well, well, well, I have successfully completed my first day of detoxification (with the exception of the activated charcoal which I will do at bedtime) and it was not bad. Today is actually a day of many firsts:

  • it's the first day that I haven't eaten any meat in all of my years of nourishing myself.
  • it's the first day that I've drank so much water; I probably drank about twelve 16.9 fl.oz bottles and am not even done yet. The recommendation is to drink about half of your body size in water. For example if I weigh 150 pounds, I would divide that in half which would be 75 pounds. I would change the "pounds" to "ounces" and would need to drink at least 75 oz. in water daily. Well, if I do the math, I have drunk about 202 oz of water, which is the amount that a 400 pound person should drink. I hope there's no such thing as too much water.
  • I must have used the bathroom at least 15 times today (no exaggeration); 3 times were before I even left home; and no not all number 2, I would say that was about 6 out of the 15 (if it's TMI then ignore this minor detail ;-)
  • Those of you that know me, know that this bullet is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself - I AM TOTALLY STUFFED AND HAVE ONLY CONSUMED FRUITS, VEGGIES, A FRUIT SMOOTHIE, HERBAL TEA, AND WATER ALL DAY. Whewww! That is definitely a first, which proves that it can be done. 
I have to say that I woke up feeling energetic, and excited for the day, in my mind, body and soul. Now, not so much. We had field day today and I decided that I was going to run around with my 3rd graders, like a chicken with its head cut off, and on the 1st day of detox. Needless to say, I'm not as energetic as I was when I first started the day but besides feeling exhausted, I still feel pretty good.

I did take some anecdotal notes while going through the detoxification process today:
  1. Out of the 7 formulas, for some reason FORMULA #2 (cardiovascular) was a little hard going down; I wrote that I wasn't sure if this was normal or if it was because I had just raced forty-one 3rd graders and a teacher and won.
  2. Also after taking FORMULA #2, my bowels experienced a burning sensation (if TMI then ignore this detail as well). I will gauge what happens tomorrow and see if I'm experiencing the same feelings as today.
If anyone knows of an herbal/natural place in northern NJ that I can go to, please advise. I went to this "natural" spot in Passaic earlier today to see about getting some herbs and oils, and I'll stop short of sharing any more details, but after about a minute it was time for me to walk out of the door.

Well, I'm about to take it down as I am totally fatigued. I can't wait to begin the process all over again tomorrow and to claim victory once again.

I will continue to keep you posted as I Journal Through my Healing.

Be blessed.


LOG 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLACES - was in Paterson, NJ; returned home
WEATHER - 80 degrees and above; partly cloudy and cool; I was outside ALL DAY
CLOTHING - short sleeved T-shirt, jeans, stockings, sneakers
FOODS - McDonald's Wild Berry fruit smoothie, salad (baby Kale, Spinach, and Chard), Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil Vinaigrette, pear, grapes, herbal teas, water
HEALTH -  energetic until after field day then exhausted and achy; face beginning to clear up
ADDITIONAL - Today was field day and I was outside running around for most of the day

3 comments:

  1. Yay! A few things I noticed that will help:

    Ditch the McDonald's wild berry smoothie. It's LOADED with sugar, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, dyes and there's barely a trace of real fruit. (It's McDonald's you can't blame them.) Make your own smoothie with fresh fruit, ice and water in a blender at home. if you don't have time, just grab the fruit itself and just eat it instead. Your body will thank you.

    The burning you felt was from the Cayenne Pepper in the cardiovasular formula. This is a good sign. Cayenne is an activation herb which is very stimulating to the heart and increases the metabolism. It also helps to get your colon moving.

    It's great that you were outdoors so much today. The Vitamin D from the sun is super beneficial for you especially while on a detox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ok, thank you so much. I was hoping that you would correct any of my errors LOL. I will definitely ditch the McDonald's smoothie gladly...I can't afford $3.39 a day anyway. My parents just gave me their smoothie machine so I'll experiment and try that out.

      I always hesitate to be in the sun for a long period of time due to them activating my rashes, but hopefully this will all be in the past.

      I got through to Djehuty's "hot line" today and inquired about the various questions that I had; one of them being can I eat peanut butter (I know, I know, you're probably cringing as well) and he almost crucified me on the phone. Now I know. I'll have to find a way to eat celery and love it without the processed topping.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete