Friday, May 4, 2012

Gospel songs that have encouraged me throughout this journey

Tye Tribbett's "My Joy" - as there are times when I feel down in the dumps, but then God reminds me that "the joy of the Lord is my strength".  


You were there to wrap your arms around meWhen my nights were cold and lonelyAnd when I needed shelter from the rainAll I had to do was call your nameYou never let me down you're always thereYou told me all my burdens you will bearNever truly understand your waysBut I understand you love me and for this I want to say
You are my joyYou are my joy
It's because if you I smile right in my stormYour strength is perfect when I'm weak and wornThank you for the love you give to meThank you for your grace and mercyWhen all of these trials should make me sadI will rejoice forYou have made me glad
You are my joy You are my joyYou are my joy You are my joyYou are my joy You are my joy


I especially enjoy the breakdown, when John P. Kee takes it a step further and lets us know the following...


Hallelujah, halllllllelujah, I'm fully persuaded, I'm convinced, that the joy of the Lord, whooooooooo, is myyyyy strength, THEREFORE...Satan is overrated, yes suh, worrying is overrated, fear is overrated, there's nothing like the jooooooy of the Lord, come on and praise Him with us! 


Read more: TYE TRIBBETT & GA - MY JOY LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/my-joy-lyrics-tye-tribbett-ga.html#ixzz1twAnVUVd
Copied from MetroLyrics.com 



Another song that has been like my theme song over the past year is Yolanda Adams' "In the Midst of It All". Regardless to what I've gone through or am still going through, God continues to show and prove that He's yet in the midst of ALL that I go through...regardless of how UNFAITHFUL I have been, regardless to how DISOBEDIENT I am and was, regardless to how I HAVEN'T ALWAYS TRUSTED HIM AS I SHOULD, He's kept me in the midst of it all...why? JUST BECAUSE HE LOVES ME SO DEARLY. What an encouragement. 

I've come through many hard trials
Through temptations on every hand
Though Satan's tried to stop me
And to place my feet on sinking sand
Through the pain and all of my sorrows
Through tears and all of my fears
The Lord was there to keep me
For He's kept me in the midst of it all

Not because I've been so faithful
Not Because I've always obeyed
It's not because I trust him
To be with me all of the way
But it's because He loves me so dearly
He was there to answer my call
There always to protect me
For He's kept me in the midst of it all

[Choir:]
I've come through many hard trials
Through temptations on every hand
Though Satan's tried to stop me
And to place my feet on sinking sand
Because Jesus loves me dearly
He was there to answer my call
There always to protect me
For He's kept me in the midst of it all

[Chorus:]
No He's never left me
And He' never let me fall
Oh yes He will protect you
For He's kept me in the midst of it all

[Vamp:]
Yes, He kept me
Yes, Jesus kept me
Jesus kept me [3x], in the midst of it all
For He's kept me in the midst of it all



If you're currently in a struggle or going THROUGH  a storm and you're looking for some encouraging tunes, I highly recommend the two songs above. They continue to remind me of just how good God is, and encourage me in my time of need.

Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment