Monday, May 28, 2012

One Step Closer

Today I received some things that will make me one step closer...well, one and a-half steps closer to my goal of eating more healthy and detoxing my body. My parents gave me a smoothie maker and my first package of smoothie mix so I can begin making my own fruit smoothies at home, and I have the promise of their Jack Lalanne juicer that they're not using. Once I begin to use these gadgets, I will be more disciplined with regards to planning healthy meals and snacks, and having healthier options to carry with me on the go.

As we all know, this was Memorial Day weekend (Happy Memorial Day everyone) and there were a lot of folks having cook-outs; my family was no exception. My parents and cousins cooked out ALL WEEKEND and me and my husband joined them last night and today. Needless to say, I did not eat as healthy as I've been eating while at home. I did eat some fruits and vegetables, but not nearly the amount that my body has become accustomed to. In addition, I ate a lot of other foods like hot wings and fried fish, that are probably not the best choices. I will be back on track tomorrow but want to be able to eat healthy wherever I am. I believe that the smoothie machine and juicer will put me one step closer to this goal.

I am still awaiting my full body herbal detox to arrive in the mail, but want to get used to buying and preparing raw (uncooked) fruits, veggies, nuts, etc in order to prepare my body for this TOTAL DIET CHANGE. I don't want it to be a total shock when I'm forced to do it with the detox.  I'm not fully disciplined yet but am taking the necessary steps each and every day to get better. I will continue to keep you posted every step of the way.

My principal (the person that suggested that I begin this blog in the first place) suggested that I begin to keep a log of food eaten, places visited, weather, pollen count, and other details daily so that if my rash appears again, or if I begin to have similar symptoms as before, maybe I can find a pattern to the madness. In the meantime, I'm hoping that the detox will be the start of a healthier lifestyle therefore healthier life.  So at the end of my blog each day, I will be logging some daily details just as my own anecdotal notes.

Be blessed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOG 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLACES - was in Paterson, NJ; visited Macungie, PA; returned home
WEATHER - 88 degrees and above; sun shining brightly; I was outside for about 2 total hours
CLOTHING - short sleeved shirt, jeans rolled up to my knee, open toe shoes for most of the day then closed toe shoes
FOODS - banana, grits, salmon cakes, black coffee with sugar, lemonade, water, hot wings, baked beans, fried fish
HEALTH -  very tired and itchy but have been the last few days; noticeable pimples on face
ADDITIONAL - I used Bug Off while outside; bees and wasps visible but no known interaction

No comments:

Post a Comment