Monday, December 10, 2012

Halfway Point

I have made it to day 10 with 10 more days to go. I've been experiencing some chest pain/discomfort and asked April about it - her response was this:

"that's formula #2 at work it's dissolving mucus. Does it feel like burning in the chest? Nothing to be alarmed about. Drink more water and green juices; green juices are alkaline and will help. Just ride it out. It's also a sign that circulation is improving."

Then she dropped a bomb on me...here it is:

"After this detox lay low on seafood. It's not as bad as meat but it's way too acidic for you especially since you are still healing."

After inquiring further, she said that I can still eat seafood but shouldn't eat it anymore than twice a week. Shucks! It's good to know that healing is still taking place; I'm glad I detoxed again. I've been eating fish just about everyday since May, so I'm not exactly sure what to do. My sister-in-law just bought me some salmon and tilapia yesterday...it's just waiting in my freezer until the 21st (first day off the detox).

Oh well, I'll have to investigate some other food options. That should be fun...no really, I'm serious. I like investigative work ;-). My husband will be happy as he absolutely forbade me from frying anymore fish (it was fried in olive oil so it's healthiER but I know fried is not good). He'll be glad to see that I'm trying other things, even though I do cook other things for him when I make fish for me.  Oh well, let the adventure begin. I have 10 days to look into other options.  I will keep you posted. 

Well I'm getting ready to turn in.

STAY TUNED as I continue to journal through healing.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment