Sunday, December 9, 2012

Bitter SWEET

Well, as far as the detox is concerned, today is day 9 and things have been going pretty good. I had some other things that took place this week that has been bitter sweet but I'll share that with you in a moment.


As for the detox - I've lost a total of 8 pounds, 4 inches from my waist, and am feeling great; with the exception of still being tired.  April commented that I needed to ensure that I'm eating my share of greens...which I thought I was doing, but one thing she said I should do is to juice my greens. I've been drinking green smoothies (well, I was until my blender went rogue again but that's another story for another day). So this week besides eating salads at lunch and dinner, I made a kale and apple juice which was deeeeeelicious, and then I made a dandelion and carrot juice which...well...let's just say is still sitting in my fridge. You definitely have to have an acquired taste but I will finish it...on second thought, maybe not. The only thing that I can say when I drink that juice is, "Whooo"!. 

Here are some pics:


   Kale and Apple Juice - YUMMMY!!!


                          
Dandelion greens and Carrot Juice - WHOOO!!!


So onto the bitter sweetness of my week. 

God allowed my husband and I to build our 1st home in PA in July of 2008. We had planned to look for jobs close to home but things didn't pan out that way, so we both commuted daily to NJ. We were both driving 120+ miles daily, putting massive wear and tear on our cars, spending countless hours on the road and away from each other. After I became increasingly more ill, along with difficulties with my husband's health, we made the decision last October to sell our home - my doctor made it very clear at that point that it was either going to be me or our home. We decided that God would bless us with another home but He would never bless us with another "Me" so I took precedence. 

With the housing market being what it was, we owed more on our home than the house was worth, which meant we had to enter into a short sale (which is actually the longest sale in history) - this allows us to accept an offer on our home for less than the house is worth, with the bank's approval; the bank also has the right to make you owe the balance or in our case (thank You Jesus), they forgave what we still owed on our loan.  So on Friday, December 7, 2012, this short sale was finalized and we had to attend the closing on the sell of our home. Initially we had opted not to attend the closing because, although we knew this was the decision that was best for us, who wants to sell their home under these types of circumstances? But, being that this was buyer #4, and we wanted to close prior to us having to winterize the house (fill up on propane so that the pipes wouldn't burst), we had to attend the closing. So we got to meet the buyers of our home and sign off on all of the necessary documents. It was bitter because we will miss our residence; we had some good times there HOWEVER it is SWEET because we know that God closed this door in order to prepare us for our house-blessing that will be close to our jobs, and won't require an hour + commute. We did this commute for 3 years and although it almost killed me...lesson learned.  I also thought it was SWEET how the closing took place on the 7th day - the number 7 is said to represent completion. God completed this journey in our lives (7 is also the number of years in which my healing came) and He is preparing us for our next journey as the number 8 symbolizes "new beginnings". God has already begun anew in the Hilbert household ;-).

God is taking us to new heights in Him and we are so thankful. 

STAY TUNED as I continue to journal through healing.

Be blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment