Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Acidic Revelation

Today is day 9, it's my 3rd time doing the full body detox, and I have come to an acidic revelation. When nourishing myself, I need to ensure that alkaline foods make up the majority of my meals and that I limit my intake of acidic foods. Beef and pork are very acidic...so is coffee, cheese, white bread, eggs, white milk, etc. So I need to make sure that the majority of my meal consists of greens, greens, and more greens, along with some fruits, and more.

I also just discovered TODAY that fish is just as acidic as chicken. April said that I OD on fish; and I thought I was making a healthy choice to only eat seafood. So with today's revelation, I'm not going to focus so much on what to keep in or take out of my diet; I'm just going to focus on making sure it's balanced and that the majority is alkaline.

This is definitely a learning journey, and education definitely is key. So, I will be adding chicken back into my diet but will balance it and fish with alkaline foods. I will also continue to investigate to see what other foods/meals will work best for me. April also recommended that I look into some vegan cookbooks so I will look into that as well. I definitely don't want to cause my body to become acidic again so I will be sure to use extreme caution and to seek God's wisdom.

I'm sure that this won't be the last thing that I'll learn before this detox is over but I welcome it. I'm toasting my herbal tea to better health. TO HEALTH!!!

Well...that's all folks. Continue to stay tuned as I continue to journal through healing.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment