Saturday, December 1, 2012

Detox Pro

Well, well, well, I have had a successful detoxing day thus far. I almost feel like a detox pro. It helps that this is my 3rd time around so I'm pretty familiar with the dos and don'ts, and what works for me. I understand that this is only day 1 of a 40 day journey so I'll save my victory detox pro report until then.

I woke up a little after 6 this morning and went right to the scale - I weighed 136 lbs before my 1st poop, and then pooped, and reweighed myself...135 lbs.. So my start weight is 135 lbs and I'll continue to track it daily. After my weigh in, I took my 1st formula, got dressed, and then headed to Corrado's to get my fruits and veggies for the week. Although I've been through this process before, I still refer to my detox materials from April - shopping list, menu for the week, instructions, etc. Part of being successful in this venture is making sure you have everything that you need and access to a great support system.

Here are a few resources at my disposal for a successful detox journey...

                                                    
GINGER, GRAPES STRAWBERRIES, CARROTS       KALE AND ASPARAGUS

                          
APPLES, ORANGES, PEARS                            BANANAS, PINEAPPLE


Picture
APRIL CHAPMAN - NUTRITIONIST AND HOLISTIC HEALTH PRACTITIONER www.basichealthylivingtoday.com


When I returned from Corrado's, I ate 2-3 fruits as recommended: I chose an apple, pear, and then a banana. My husband fixed my blender just in time for my detox (remember how it was resting in pieces from the last detox?) and so I made a green smoothie and it was deeelicious and it was GREEN! It was comprised of a banana, some strawberries, and a handful of kale. I told you I feel like a pro.

Here are some pics of my green smoothie in the making...

                               
                       

         

After drinking my smoothie, I continued to drink more and more water, and lots of herbal tea. I also ate a baby spinach and power green salad with sweet Italian dressing. I also ate some raw nuts and seeds as a healthy snack. Oh, and of course I had to get my nap in ;-)

Guess what else I included in my 1st detox day?! I steamed my face for 15 minutes and followed it with a clay face mask and peroxide pat. See? There goes that detox pro feeling again.

Here are some pics...

                                                 
BEFORE STEAMING                                                AFTER STEAMING
                   
                                             
      APPLICATION OF CLAY                                    FACE MASK DRY   

I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE AFTER THE PROCESS...LO SIENTO (MY APOLOGIES)


Even though I truly I believe I began with a bang, there's more that I want to incorporate on tomorrow like juicing and exercise. Aside from not including those 2 very important variables, I would say that I'm off to a great start.

Now I'm getting ready to drink my activated charcoal and turn in for the night. Oh...I forgot to mention that I started drinking the activated charcoal last night so that my body could empty out this morning, which it did.

Well, that's about all folks. I will continue to keep you posted as I journal through healing so STAY TUNED...

Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment