Monday, September 3, 2012

All Good in the Eatin'/Juicin' Neighborhood

It's been 2 days since I've finished the detox and it's been GRRRRREAT!  I've been eatin' good and juicin' good in the neighborhood. On my 1st day detox-free, you can probably guess what my 1st warm meal was...you guessed it... SALMON!!!! It was delicious if I must say so myself:


Silverbrite wild-caught Salmon with garlic red beans and rice

Besides eating good, I've been using my juicer more and more and let me tell you, I've been enjoying some of the best juice that I've ever had in my life. April sent me some juicing recipes and they are simply scrumptious. The first was called the Bromelain Special, which consisted of a whole pineapple with the skin (minus the top) and 3 peeled oranges. It was truly hmmmm hmmmm goood! Here are some pics:





When I tell you that this juice was tasty, it was. But for some reason, my body reaches its limit with pineapple. I don't know if I have an allergy of some sort or what the problem is but after I've eaten pineapples, after awhile, my body will reject them and I literally can't eat anymore - my tongue begins to burn and it literally hurts to eat.

The next juice that I made was called Passion Cocktail, which consists of 3 strawberries, a large chunk of pineapple, and a bunch of black grapes.  Again, deeelicious:





This was also very good - it made me think of being in the Islands. Unfortunately, because I had already reached my pineapple limit, I couldn't enjoy it as much, because with each taste my tongue felt like it was about to fall off. I don't think I'll be consuming pineapples for awhile; I need to give my body a break.

I left a little of each juice in the fridge hoping that my husband would want to taste some. So far, NOT so good. I told him that I would make a deal with him - if he tried my juice and didn't like it, I would never offer him any of my homemade juices or smoothies again...it didn't work. I won't give up - one day I'll trick him into tasting it; I'll make him think that I bought it from the store and when he tells me how good it is, that's when I'll reveal that his wife made it :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  Shhhhhhh, it'll be our little secret ;-)

If you noticed, I included another element to my juicer this time:


I added a plastic bag to the large pulp container so that when I'm finished juicing, I can just throw away the bag - this is one less part to clean.

Let me tell you, this juicer is one of the best gifts that I could have received during this time in my healing. This is just going to allow my healing to reach the next level. GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD!

Well, tomorrow is my official 1st day back to work, even though I've been attending workshops since last week. I want to be as rested as possible so I am going to turn in. But follow me as I continue to JOURNAL THROUGH HEALING.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment