Monday, July 15, 2013

It's Been Awhile

Hellllllllo World!

Wow! It's been so long since I've written where should I begin?! I guess I'll start by filling you in on what's been going on since I last wrote:

  • I am still in great health PRAISE GOD! 
  • I detoxed again since I last wrote and was only able to complete 10 of the 20 days. I'm not sure if it's because I was pretty much still clean on the inside or what it was, but my body waved the white flag of surrender and I had to oblige.
  • I have continued to maintain my diet of no beef or pork but did incorporate some chicken and turkey from time to time.
  • I have not had any rashes or joint pain UP UNTIL my trip to Florida last week. I was eaten alive by mosquitoes and that combined with the Florida sun... and voila...rashes returned, grew, are still there, but seem to be fading away THANK GOD. However, the joints in my hands began to hurt so yup...I'm detoxing again. My body was kind of telling me that it was once again time (I try to keep up with the seasonal cleanse of every 3 months or so).
  • Now...remember when I said that I haven't eaten beef or pork? Well, now I must confess. We had a cookout this past Saturday for the June and July babies (and my birthday was June 22nd...happy belated to me ;-) and my mother-in-law made these BANGIN' PORK RIBS on the grill. Because I knew I was detoxing starting today, I indulged a little...well, A LOT! I ate everything that wasn't nailed down and IT WAS GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
Those of you that have followed my blog know that I love to walk and often walk 3-4 miles a day. Well, my husband and I moved to a new area and...well...let's just say that I have to be a little more careful then what I had been doing. Where we lived previously, I would get up at the crack of dawn or evening, walk, and would have no problemos. So naturally I thought this would be the case in our new place...not so much. I got up one morning at about 5:45am, the sun light had just begun to shine on the world. I took a deep breath in and out (uhhhhhhhhh.....ahhhhhhhhh) and proceeded to mind my business and walk. My husband always complained about me listening to my music because he said that I'm not alert SO ON THIS DAY I only put one ear bud in my ear. MAKING A LOOOOONNNNG STORY SHORT, I began to walk and saw 2 gentlemen (one darker in hue and one lighter) standing on the corner. 
   Before I even got to them, the lighter of the two taps the darker of the two and says..."how about    her?"
   The darker of the two looks at me, nods his head, and smiles.
   Me being the polite lady that I am, as I walked past I said, "good morning".

I can't remember if they spoke or not. MY RADAR WAS ON AND I JUST BEGAN TO PRAY.
The next thing that I know, the darker of the two gentlemen pull up in a white SUV and asks if I need a ride. At first I pretended to be listening to my music and ignored them. But something quickly told me that I better let this person know that I am FULLY AWARE OF MY SURROUNDINGS AND OF WHAT'S GOING ON. So I tell him no thank you and keep it moving. I guess he detected some defensiveness in my voice and says something like, "you don't have to get an attitude, I saw you walking and just asked if you needed a ride, that's all." I thanked him again, said no thank you, and kept walking. He turns the corner and stops. The Holy Spirit in me told me to RUN! Now, thankfully, I was still a pretty fast runner and when he stopped and got out of his vehicle to follow me, I WAS OUT LIKE A FLASH OF LIGHTNING! Let 's just put it this way, I lost him, he couldn't find me, and my husband has forbidden me from walking.

Now...in my last paragraph I said that I was still pretty fast at the time. I said this because, me being the type of teacher that I am, when we have field day, I like to get down and dirty with my students. So...they've been wanting to race me all school year long because they have heard how fast their teacher is. Not to toot my own horn (toot toot) but I used to run track, and am fast; I even raced a bunch of 8th graders in years past and beat them WITH 4 INCH HEELS ON! Anyway, I told my kids that I was retired from running and I should have been a woman of my word and stuck with this. But NOOOOOOO! 
      I say, "hey! Who wants to race Mrs. Hilbert?!"
      Of course ALL OF MY 3RD GRADERS hands went up in the air so I raced                 them and won of course.         
      But I had to have a smart one of the bunch say, "I mean Mrs. Hilbert, you are       fast, but I still think I can beat you."
      Me...blank stare..."come on, let me shut you up once and for all!".

So what does Mrs. Hilbert do? She races him, of course down the playground AND back. I WON! He shuts up, I think I'm fine until it was time to walk back into the school. See...for some reason, I had to kick my knee into place a few times because something just wasn't right. But the real test came when I got home. Ok...there was no test, I just plain couldn't walk. I took a bath in Epson Salt and then my husband rubbed my knee down with Max-Freeze. I even slept with it elevated. I woke up the next morning and was doing what I have coined as The Hilbert Hobble. Make a long story short, I sprained the ligament in my knee that keeps the knee together and was out of work for 2 days. Yup! Don't get it twisted (which is probably what I did to my knee) I am still fast and my whole class learned a brand new dance called The Hilbert Hobble. One of these days I'll post the video so that you can learn the dance yourself.

Whooooooo! I think we're all caught up now...ok...so I had a successful first day of detoxing with the exception of a massive headache but that's ok.

It's been good filling you in on everything and I hope to reach back out tomorrow.

Toodles for now 

No comments:

Post a Comment